Frequently asked questions about Kaori Australia and its products.
1. How long can I expect the candles to burn for?
Well it depends on a number of factors but we've established the following as a rough guide:
- Large candle: approximately 45 hours
- Medium candle: approximately 30 hours
- Small candle: approximately 15 hours
- Tealight candle: approximately 5 hours
2. How long can I expect the reed diffusers to last?
Again, it depends on a number of factors but we have been testing our latest formula in the following conditions:
- dry hot rooms
- hot humid rooms
- air conditioned rooms
- heated rooms
- small, medium and large sized rooms
- draughty rooms
- direct sunlight
3. How much wax is in each candle?
There is approximately:
- 320 grams in a large candle
- 160 grams in a medium candle
- 55 grams in a small candle
4. What is the wax made from?
The wax we use is a hydrogenated soy oil wax and contains a soy-based additive. There are no genetically modified organisms, paraffins, unnatural additives in our candles and they are formaldehyde and phthalate free. The wax is both natural and kosher.
5. What are the wicks made from?
The wicks we use are specially designed for soy wax are made out of all natural fibres including wood and cotton and contain no lead or other harmful metals.
6. What are the fragrances made from?
Our candle fragrance oils consist of many aromatic ingredients, some natural and some synthetic. Natural components are extracted from plants or flowers and synthetic components are manufactured from man-made materials.
7. Are the glass jars strong?
Our jars are produced by moulding the glass rather than the hand blowing process. This means it has a much thicker wall and is a much safer glass to use. The risk of breakages are greatly reduced when compared with the thin walled blown glass.
8. Do your reed diffusers contain DiproPylene Glycol (DPG) or alcohol?
The diffuser base we use does not contain DiproPylene Glycol (DPG) or alcohol.
9. What are the reeds made from?
Our reeds are pure rattan (not bamboo) for long lasting, maximum scent dispersion.
10. Can I get my original Kaori Australia candle jar refilled once the candle has burnt down?
This is something we're working on at the moment and we're open to all your comments and suggestions. The simple answer is yes, we can refill jars and we really want to, not only for you but also for the environment. The problems we're sorting through are around whether we can get the jars clean enough to offer you a different fragrance in the existing jar (which we are close to) and how to get them back from you, and back to you in a viable manner.